Please read these terms carefully. If you do not agree with any of these terms or conditions, do not access or otherwise use this website or any information contained on this website.
Restrictions on Use
You must not modify, copy, transmit, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, perform, license, frame, create derivative works from, transfer or use in any other way for commercial or public purposes in whole or in part any Content obtained from the Site without the prior written permission of the owner of the relevant Intellectual Property Rights (whether that be RGA or another third party). It is prohibited to systematically retrieve content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory (whether through robots, spiders, automatic devices or manual processes) without written permission from RGA.
Intellectual Property Rights
By communicating a Submission, you guarantee, represent and warrant that the Submission complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations and in particular:
- Is legal, decent and truthful and not defamatory, unreliable, misleading or otherwise objectionable;
- Does not harm others, in particular minors, or infringe their personal rights.
You understand that RGA cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this Site for the reconstruction of any lost data. RGA does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet, nor does RGA assume any responsibility for any products or services or hypertext links to third parties or for any breach of security associated with your use of this Site or your transmission of sensitive information through the Site or any hyperlinked sites. The Content is not necessarily complete and up-to-date and should not be used to replace any written reports, statements, or notices provided by RGA. Investors, borrowers, and other persons should use the Content in the same manner as any other informational medium and should not rely on the Content to the exclusion of their own professional judgment. Information obtained by using this Site is not exhaustive and does not cover all issues, topics, or facts that may be relevant to your goals. Nothing on this Site should be construed as rendering tax, legal, investment, or accounting advice.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. RGA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. RGA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, DISABLING DEVICES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. RGA DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE, OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND RGA MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU, AND NOT RGA, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT. RGA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
All of the information on this Site, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on this Site, and RGA does not undertake any obligation to update such information after it is posted or to remove such information from this Site if it is not, or is no longer, accurate or complete. All Content, together with information filed and furnished with the Securities and Exchange Commission and any oral information provided by RGA executives that relates to RGA’s future performance or financial results, are considered forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve uncertainties that could cause actual performance or results to materially differ, and readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on them. All forward-looking statements should be read in conjunction with the additional information about risks and uncertainties set forth in our Securities and Exchange Commission reports, including any RGA annual report.
These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause RGA’s actual results of operations, financial condition, solvency ratios, capital or liquidity positions or prospects to be materially different from any future results of operations, financial condition, solvency ratios, capital or liquidity positions or prospects expressed or implied by such statements or cause RGA to not achieve its published targets. Such factors include, among others:
- the frequency, severity and development of insured claim events, particularly natural catastrophes, man-made disasters, pandemics, acts of terrorism and acts of war;
- mortality, morbidity and longevity experience;
- the cyclicality of the insurance and reinsurance sectors;
- instability affecting the global financial system;
- deterioration in global economic conditions;
- the effect of market conditions, including the global equity and credit markets, and the level and volatility of equity prices, interest rates, credit spreads, currency values and other market indices, on RGA’s investment assets;
- changes in RGA’s investment result as a result of changes in RGA’s investment policy or the changed composition of RGA’s investment assets, and the impact of the timing of any such changes relative to changes in market conditions;
- RGA’s ability to maintain sufficient liquidity and access to capital markets, including sufficient liquidity to cover potential recapture of reinsurance agreements, early calls of debt or debt-like arrangements and collateral calls due to actual or perceived deterioration of RGA’s financial strength or otherwise;
- any inability to realize amounts on sales of securities on RGA’s balance sheet equivalent to their values recorded for accounting purposes;
- changes in legislation and regulation, and the interpretations thereof by regulators and courts, affecting us or RGA’s ceding companies;
- the outcome of tax audits, the ability to realize tax loss carryforwards, the ability to realize deferred tax assets (including by reason of the mix of earnings in a jurisdiction or deemed change of control), which could negatively impact future earnings, and the overall impact of changes in tax regimes on business models;
- failure of RGA’s hedging arrangements to be effective;
- the lowering or loss of one of the financial strength or other ratings of one or more RGA companies, and developments adversely affecting RGA’s ability to achieve improved ratings;
- uncertainties in estimating reserves;
- policy renewal and lapse rates;
- uncertainties in estimating future claims for purposes of financial reporting, particularly with respect to large natural catastrophes and certain large man-made losses, as significant uncertainties may be involved in estimating losses from such events and preliminary estimates may be subject to change as new information becomes available;
- extraordinary events affecting RGA’s clients and other counterparties, such as bankruptcies, liquidations and other credit-related events;
- legal actions or regulatory investigations or actions, including those in respect of industry requirements or business conduct rules of general applicability;
- changes in accounting standards;
- significant investments, acquisitions or dispositions, and any delays, unexpected costs, lower-than expected benefits, or other issues experienced in connection with any such transactions;
- changing levels of competition, including from new entrants into the market; and
- ·operational factors, including the efficacy of risk management and other internal procedures in managing the foregoing risks and the ability to manage cybersecurity risks.
Limitation of Liability
RGA, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS (“RGA PARTIES”) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTENT ON THE SITE, EVEN IF RGA OR A REPRESENTATIVE AUTHORIZED BY RGA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF RGA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE GREATER OF $100 OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT OR SERVICE OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
RGA PARTIES WILL BE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS (ESPECIALLY LOSS OF DATA, ALTERATION OF DATA, OR DOWNTIME) THAT MAY BE CAUSED TO ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE DUE TO ANY VIRUSES, DEFECTS, OR MALFUNCTIONS IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE OR DOWNLOADS FROM THE SITE (WHETHER BASED ON MANUAL ACCESS, SUBSCRIPTIONS, RSS-FEEDS OR OTHERWISE). .
Information You Provide
You may not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this Site any material that:
- you do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party;
- advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act;
- is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent;
- does not pertain directly to this Site;
- threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
- infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone's copyrights or trademarks or their rights of publicity;
- violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
- impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g. offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g. conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorized on this Site;
- solicits funds, advertisers, or sponsors;
- includes programs which contain viruses, worms, and/or Trojan horses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise acts in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via this Site;
- includes MP3 format files;
- disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of this Site or any networks connected to this Site; or
- contains hyperlinks to other sites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
Access to the Site
This Site is controlled by us from our offices within the United States. Except as specifically stated, we make no representation that Content in this Site is appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Access to this Site's Content from jurisdictions where such access is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access this Site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk. You are always responsible for your compliance with applicable laws. You may not use or export the materials in this Site in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. RGA and its subsidiaries are not authorized to do business in every jurisdiction. By downloading any Content, you are agreeing that you are not in a country where such export is prohibited and that you are not a person or entity to which such export is prohibited. You are responsible for compliance with the laws of your local jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of any Content. Information published on this Site may contain references or cross-references to products, programs or services that are not available in your state or country.
Services, Programs and Products Offered
RGA makes no representations regarding the availability of all the services, programs and products described on the Site as appropriate or available for use in your country. Some services, programs or products may not be available in all countries where RGA is authorized to do business. The materials and product descriptions available on the Site have no regard to the specific objectives, financial status or unique needs of any specific recipient or user of the Site. RGA does not represent that the services, programs or products presented on the Site are suitable for any individual or corporate entity. No representation or warranties, either express or implied, are made with regard to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the services, programs and products described on the Site, nor should they be considered a complete statement regarding the services, programs or products referred to therein. The description of the services, programs and products on the Site should not be considered by the user as a substitute for the exercise of judgment. Any opinions expressed, or other statements, are subject to change without notice and may differ or be contrary to opinions expressed or statements made by other business areas within RGA as a result of different assumptions and criteria. RGA is under no obligation to keep the Site current with regard to the services, programs or products it offers.
The information contained on the Site is for informational purposes only. Consult your local RGA representative for information regarding the products, programs and services which may be available to you.
No Solicitation of Offers, Selling or Provision of Investment Advice
You Should Not Rely on the Stock Price Information on This Website
RGA does not generate the information regarding stock prices for this Site. We believe that the information on the Site is accurate, but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information. You should not rely on the stock price information for investment purposes. We are not liable for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary, that may arise from reliance on the stock price information on this Site.
Market Data and Analysts’ Views and Opinions
RGA uses the Site to provide investors with data relating to RGA’s listed shares and other RGA financial instruments listed on the New York Stock Exchange as well as a link to competitors’ shares (“Market Data”). The Site may include analysts’ views relating to RGA’s financial performance and the performance of the listed shares on the investor relations page. Analysts’ views that are made accessible on the Site are not necessarily shared nor endorsed by RGA and RGA does not confirm the content of analysts’ views by placing them on the Site. RGA does not undertake to and is under no obligation to verify the content of the analysts’ views posted on the Site; they are available for informational purposes only. The liability of RGA, if any, for the accuracy or completeness of those analysts’ views made accessible on the site shall be excluded to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Violations of Rules and Regulations
Passwords used to access any features for this Site (if any) are for individual use only. You will be responsible for the security of your password. RGA will be entitled to monitor your password and, at their discretion, require you to change it. If you use a password that RGA considers insecure, RGA will be entitled to require the password to be changed and/or terminate your account.
You agree that RGA shall not be responsible for damages or losses resulting from any breach of security caused by your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your password. If you permit access to your password by third parties, then you agree to defend, indemnify and hold RGA harmless against any liability, losses, damages, or costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) arising out of, or resulting from, such access and related use of this Site. RGA reserves the right to block access to this Site for any reason. You also agree to immediately notify RGA if you:
- become aware of any loss or theft of your password, or
- become aware of any unauthorized use of your password.
Finally you acknowledge and agree that you will not: (i) collect or store data about other users of this Site, or (ii) upload, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that might interrupt, limit, or interfere with the functionality of any computer software, hardware, database or file, or communications equipment that is owned, leased, or used by RGA.
For your protection, RGA may require the use of encryption technologies for certain types of communications conducted through this Site. This Site has adopted industry standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we provide those technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not guarantee or warrant that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception, or error. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the information transmitted. There is always the possibility of unknowingly acquiring computer viruses on the Internet and thus we want to warn you about infections or viral contamination on your system. It is your responsibility to scan any and all downloaded materials received from the Internet. RGA is not responsible or liable for any damage caused by viruses or related hazards, whether or not that virus or hazard resulted from a visit to this Site. You, and not RGA, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction related to computer viruses.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS RGA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY RGA DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND/OR FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER RGA OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
RGA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to protecting its employees and qualified applicants against discrimination on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, familial status, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, race, religion, veteran status, socio-economic background, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or any other basis protected under federal, state, and local laws. We celebrate different perspectives and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our policy is to seek out and employ qualified people at all Company locations, to provide all employees equal opportunity based on merit, and to administer these and all employment-related activities in a non-discriminatory manner.
The Company’s equal employment commitment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, advertising, recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, training, professional development, promotion, working conditions, transfer or termination. Furthermore, RGA does not discriminate against qualified disabled persons or disabled veterans because of physical and mental disabilities.
RGA complies with all federal, state, and local laws and strives to promote a positive workplace free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where our employees can thrive. RGA investigates complaints thoroughly and promptly. Retaliation is prohibited against any employee who files a complaint of discrimination, participates in a covered proceeding or otherwise opposes discrimination under applicable laws.
Last Updated: October 2020