RGA helps client underwriters and actuaries stay abreast of the latest insights, research, and trends through underwriting conferences and training opportunities.
- Grow with Learning Gateway, RGA's home for global e-learning programs in a variety of formats for a range of underwriting experience levels, offered exclusively to RGA clients.
Ranked #1 by ceding companies for overall underwriting management in the NMG Consulting Global Life and Health Reinsurance study, RGA offers client underwriters the very best insight, and analysis.
- Explore the newsletters, white papers, and articles available in our Knowledge Center
and keep pace with this fast-changing field.
- Advance your underwriting career. RGA is proud to support the underwriting profession and the insurance industry through our partnership with the Academy of Life Underwriting (ALU), the Canadian Institute of Underwriters (CIU), and the Association of Home Office Underwriters (
AHOU) in the launch of a first-of-its-kind continuing education program
. Participants can earn Continuing Education (CE) credits by consuming RGA's technical, leadership and business-specific content and completing webinars and other videos that are 50 minutes or longer within a span of two years. These credits can be used toward a professional
underwriting certification at no cost. The program is fast becoming a gold standard credential for life underwriters.
- RGA has the most test sites of any insurance company in the world for the ALU
. We encourage and support our underwriters in their pursuit of ongoing professional development.
- RGA experts volunteer as ALU test writers and as writers or editors for the Academy’s prestigious On the Risk
- RGA underwriters also lend their professional expertise to benefit underwriting associations around the world, such as the Canadian Institute of Underwriters. We played a critical role in the launch of the Polish Association of Underwriters, the Underwriting Association of Japan, and the Association of Indian Underwriters.