Rights and Responsibilities
We are committed to providing quality health care to you and your family. In connection with our services you, as the Patient, have certain rights and responsibilities regarding your health care.
You have a right to:
- Be treated with respect by competent personnel.
- Know which staff members are responsible for managing your case management services and request a change if desired.
- Be given information about our organization and our relationship to your health plan, services provided and our staff qualifications.
- Be given understandable information about your health status so that you can take part in decisions about your health care.
- Be informed of all case-management-related services available, even if a service is not covered, and discuss options with your health care providers.
- Decline services or disenroll from the program if desired.
- Privacy and confidentiality about your medical care program.
- Have all records pertaining to your medical care treated as confidential except as required by law and know who has access to your medical records.
- Access information contained in your medical records.
- Know how we will keep your information private and confidential.
- Receive information on who has been given your health information as permitted by law.
- Good quality care and high professional standards that are continually maintained and reviewed.
- Services provided without discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin or source of payment.
- Access to an interpreter if you do not speak English.
- Voice complaints about your care, to have those complaints responded to in a timely manner. You can use this link to submit a question or complaint.
You have a responsibility to:
- Provide information about present and past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to your health history.
- Ask questions if you do not understand directions or procedures.
- Follow the advice of your healthcare providers, or inform us if you cannot.
- Notify us if you want to disenroll from the program.