Shareholder Privacy Notice
We are committed to protecting personal information that we receive about our shareholders that own shares of stock in our entities. We maintain transparent practices about the collection, processing, and sharing of that information. Protecting individuals’ privacy is very important to us.
This privacy notice is designed to explain how and why the Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“RGA”, "we" or "us") collect and process the personal information of current and former shareholders.
This privacy notice extends to the share registry services which are carried out by Computershare Investor Services PLC ("Computershare") that we have appointed to manage our register of shareholders.
In carrying out registry services, Computershare processes personal information about you as a shareholder on our behalf by collecting and making it accessible to us. Computershare's role as registrar includes keeping an up-to-date record of shares held by shareholders, administrating dividends, managing share transfers, issuing share certificates, and supporting other regulatory functions.
If you use any of the apps and engagement tools we make available to our shareholders (for example, the Computershare Investor Centre, Share Dealing Site, Proxy Voting Site and Employee Share Plans site) ("Online Services"), you should be aware of the additional privacy notices which we make available for the relevant Online Service. This privacy notice supplements, but does not override, those notices.
We have designed this privacy notice to be user friendly – please click on a topic in the list below to find out more.
RGA is a group of companies which operate globally focusing primarily on life- and health-related reinsurance solutions, such as life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, and health reinsurance.
The headquarters of Reinsurance Group of America, Inc. are located in St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America.
RGA International Reinsurance Company dac located in Dublin, Ireland is our representative in the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
Other RGA group entities operate and provide products and services all over the world. A full list of all RGA entities is available at http://www.rgare.com/global-directory.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated is the controller responsible for the personal information we collect and process. Other RGA entities may also be controllers in respect of your personal information, depending on their involvement in the shareholder related matters.
This privacy notice is designed to provide compliance with relevant laws in countries where RGA entities operate.
RGA handle personal information in accordance with multiple local privacy laws at the place where the personal information is collected and processed. If applicable laws provide for a lower level of protection of personal information than that established by this privacy notice, then this privacy notice shall prevail.
• Through our agency, stockbroker or share plan administrator
• From our registrar, Computershare
- Personal details: your name
- Contact information: your address, telephone numbers and email address
- Shareholder records: number and details of shares held, share purchases and disposals, dividend entitlements and payments, your votes
- Voice and/or image recorded at shareholder meetings
- Correspondence information: your enquiries, complaints, and other communications with you
We use your personal information (with the support of our registrar, Computershare):
- to manage your shareholding interest in RGA and keep our shareholder register up to date;
- to ensure suspicious fraud related activities are prevented and detected;
- to allow you to exercise your rights as a shareholder;
- to make dividend payments;
- to contact you with shareholder related information, including our shareholder newsletter and important information about dividend distributions, shareholder resolutions, reports and meetings, including details of our Annual Meeting;
- to manage and facilitate shareholder meetings;
- to respond to your queries;
- to provide information to Computershare, our registrar, so they can manage your shareholding on our behalf;
- to fulfil our reporting obligations to regulators, tax officials, and law enforcement.
We are committed to processing your personal information fairly and lawfully and only to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes listed above.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases, our ability to obtain and process your personal information is based on the following legal bases:
- Processing is necessary to fulfil our contract with you as a shareholder, in particular, where we manage your shareholder rights and pay dividends.
Your rights include the right to:
- access your personal information and details relating to the processing of your personal information;
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
You can contact us directly to discuss or exercise your rights via our online contact form, or by using the contact details provided in section ‘Contact Us’ below.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any request, complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your request, complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to your local supervisory authority (i.e., the supervisory in the jurisdiction where you live or work) or the supervisory authority of the jurisdiction where you believe an infringement of data protection laws has occurred. Contact details of supervisory authorities are available at the following link:
More specifically, in line with our data retention schedule, we keep your personal information while you are a shareholder of RGA. If you cease to hold RGA shares, your information will be kept for a period of 7 years following the last update to your records on the shareholder register, or for as long as is necessary to resolve any outstanding matters relating to your shareholding or to meet legal, regulatory tax or accounting requirements.
If you would like to know more about the retention of your personal information, please contact us at the details contained in the "Contact us" section below.
We securely destroy personal information when its retention period has expired.
Because we operate as a global business, your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by RGA entities in other countries, which may include countries that are not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under the European Union or your local law. Therefore, RGA has adopted Binding Corporate Rules (‘BCRs’) to enable us to make international transfers of your personal information within our group of companies in compliance with data protection laws of the European Union and other relevant countries. Summaries of our BCRs are available at
If we need to transfer your personal information to service providers or other parties located outside the EEA or other relevant countries, we will make sure that adequate safeguards are in place with those parties. We typically put in place contractual commitments in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details contained in the "Contact us" section below.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this privacy notice or the way in which your personal information has been used, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call or write to us.
Our United States postal address is:
Our United States telephone number is:
+1 (636) 736-7000
Our Ireland (representative in EEA) postal address is:
Our Ireland telephone number is:
Our United Kingdom postal address is:
Our United Kingdom telephone number is:
+44 20 7710 6700
For all other postal addresses, please see rgare.com
If you would like to exercise a data subject right, you may use our online contact form.
RGA’s Data Protection Officer for the EMEA region is Dean Scotson.
Should you have any questions or concerns for our DPO regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request a copy of this privacy notice from us using the contact details set out above. We may modify or update this privacy notice from time to time. If we make a significant change to this privacy notice, we will post a notice about this on our website, and we may ask the insurance companies we work with to notify you on our behalf.
Last Updated: October 2022