- Net income of $2.03 per diluted share
- Adjusted operating loss* of $1.24 per diluted share
- ROE 5.2% and adjusted operating ROE* 3.7% for the trailing twelve months
- Global estimated COVID-19 claim costs of approximately $485 million for the first quarter
- Accounting correction for limited partnership investments had a favorable effect of approximately $1.87 per diluted share on net income and $1.07 per diluted share on adjusted operating loss
ST. LOUIS, May 6, 2021 - Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life reinsurance, reported first quarter net income of $139 million, or $2.03 per diluted share, compared with a net loss of $88 million, or $1.41 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Adjusted operating loss* totaled $84 million, or $1.24 per diluted share, compared with adjusted operating income of $89 million, or $1.41 per diluted share, the year before. Net foreign currency exchange rates had a favorable effect of $0.03 per diluted share on net income and $0.01 per diluted share on adjusted operating loss as compared with the prior year.