- Earnings per diluted share: operating income* $2.84, net income $2.46
- Full-year operating return on equity* 11 percent
- Continuing strong performance by Global Financial Solutions (GFS) and International segments; much-improved results inCanada
- Deployed approximately $500 milliontoward block transactions and repurchased $375 millionof shares for the full year
- A stronger U.S. dollar reduced operating EPS* by $0.18 in Q4 and $0.53 for the full year
ST. LOUIS, January 28, 2016 –
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life reinsurance, reported operating income* of $188.0 million, or $2.84 per diluted share, compared to $208.3 million, or $2.99 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. A relatively stronger U.S. dollar adversely affected fourth-quarter results by $0.18 per share. Enactment of the Active Financing Exception (AFE) added $0.36 per diluted share in Q4; there was no AFE impact for the full year. In the prior-year period, tax-related adjustments benefited the fourth quarter by $0.55 per share. Net income totaled $163.1 million, or $2.46 per diluted share, compared to $191.1 million, or $2.75 per diluted share, the year before.