- Net income of $1.94 per diluted share
- Adjusted operating income* of $1.19 per diluted share
- Full-year net income of $6.31 per diluted share
- Full-year adjusted operating income* of $7.54 per diluted share
- ROE 3.4% and adjusted operating ROE* 5.7% for the full year
- Global estimated COVID-19 claim costs of approximately $300 million for the fourth quarter, $720 million for the full year
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 8, 2021 - Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life reinsurance, reported fourth quarter net income of $132 million, or $1.94 per diluted share, compared with $235 million, or $3.68 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Adjusted operating income* totaled $81 million, or $1.19 per diluted share, compared with $219 million, or $3.43 per diluted share, the year before. Net foreign currency fluctuations had a favorable effect of $0.06 per diluted share on net income and $0.04 per diluted share on adjusted operating income as compared with the prior year.