- Net loss of $0.93 per diluted share
- Adjusted operating income* of $0.47 per diluted share
- Premium growth of 8.3% over the prior-year quarter
- ROE 3.4% and adjusted operating ROE* 2.1% for the trailing twelve months
- Deployed capital of $130 million into in-force and other transactions
- Repurchased $25 million of shares
- Global estimated COVID-19 impacts1 of approximately $310 million on a pre-tax basis, or $3.48 per diluted share2 for the first quarter
ST. LOUIS, May 5, 2022 - Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life reinsurance, reported first quarter net loss of $63 million, or $0.93 per diluted share, compared with net income of $139 million, or $2.03 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Adjusted operating income* totaled $32 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, compared with an adjusted operating loss of $84 million, or $1.24 per diluted share, the year before. Net foreign currency exchange rates had a favorable effect of $0.09 per diluted share on net loss and an immaterial effect on adjusted operating income as compared with the prior year.