- Net income available to RGA shareholders of $3.05 per diluted share
- Adjusted operating income* of $4.40 per diluted share
- Premium growth of 3.3% over the prior-year quarter, 4.7% on a constant currency basis1
- Premium growth of 5.3% year-to-date, 7.7% on a constant currency basis1
- ROE of 9.2%, adjusted operating ROE* of 10.9%, and adjusted operating ROE excluding notable items* of 13.0% for the trailing twelve months
- Deployed capital of $190 million into in-force and other transactions, $384 million year-to-date
- Total shareholder capital returns of $104 million: $50 million of share repurchases and $54 million of shareholder dividends
- Total shareholder capital returns of $207 million year-to-date: $100 million of share repurchases and $107 million of shareholder dividends
- Increased quarterly dividend 6.3% to $0.85 per share
1 Actual amounts reflect impact of currency fluctuations. Constant currency amounts reflect foreign denominated activity translated to U.S. dollars at a constant exchange rate.
ST. LOUIS, Aug. 3, 2023 - Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life and health reinsurance, reported second quarter net income available to RGA shareholders of $205 million, or $3.05 per diluted share, compared with $105 million, or $1.55 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Adjusted operating income* for the second quarter totaled $297 million, or $4.40 per diluted share, compared with $316 million, or $4.67 per diluted share, the year before. Net foreign currency fluctuations had an adverse effect of $0.04 per diluted share on net income available to RGA shareholders and $0.07 per diluted share on adjusted operating income as compared with the prior year.