Private Debt & Equity
RGA Private Debt & Equity manages a $600 million portfolio of direct subordinated debt, equity, and fund investments across the middle market and lower middle market. We work with private equity funds, independent sponsors, SBICs and operating companies to provide subordinated debt and non-control equity across a wide spectrum of industries within North America. RGA also invests as a Limited Partner in middle market and lower middle market private equity funds.
At RGA, our approach is straightforward: we combine direct lending and fund investing, with the financial stability of one of the world’s largest reinsurers to pursue superior returns. We seek partners in the middle and lower middle market who share this philosophy.
Raising capital is perhaps the most difficult challenge facing any fund manager. RGA Private Debt & Equity offers a unique value proposition. We offer a two-pronged relationship with fund partners both as a Limited Partner as well as a subordinated debt provider and equity co-investor.
- We actively invest in middle market and lower middle market buyout funds while arranging direct lending transactions to support buyouts, recapitalizations, and growth capital needs.
- Our investment team has a long track record in the middle market, and we aspire to act as a partner in your success.
The RGA Private Debt & Equity team has a portfolio of 30 companies, with more than $600 million in direct debt and equity investments and $1 billion in invested and committed capital.
- RGA Private Debt & Equity is backed by Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated, a leader in the global life reinsurance industry with over $3 trillion of life insurance in force.
- Ranked 234 on the Fortune 500, RGA serves clients from operations around the globe and has total assets of over $60 billion. RGA is known for a fiercely entrepreneurial business ethos that enables associates to anticipate our markets and respond rapidly and effectively in a dynamic environment.
- RGA is an integral and trusted partner, a respected leader, and a long-term value creator.
With a focus on both direct lending and fund investing, RGA provides flexible solutions for many different facets of the middle and lower middle market.
- Private Equity Funds: RGA is actively looking to invest in middle market and lower middle market buyout funds, fostering a two-pronged relationship with fund partners both as a Limited Partner as well as a subordinated debt provider and equity co-investor.
- Independent Sponsors: With flexible capital that can be weighted more toward debt or equity, RGA is an attractive partner for independent sponsors assembling a capital structure to complete a transaction. We try to be as flexible as possible for our independent sponsor partners, but will not take control equity positions.
- SBICs: RGA can help SBICs both as an investor as well as a partner in funds. Often having limits on the amount of equity that can be contributed to a transaction, SBICs can work with RGA’s flexible capital to maintain their desired debt and equity allocations for their transactions.
- Operating Companies: RGA can provide subordinated debt for a number of purposes, including growth capital, management buyouts and recapitalizations. RGA’s solutions can be non-dilutive to the shareholders of the business while providing the flexibility necessary for the company to achieve its objectives.