RGA's expert local and global teams bring shared knowledge to our client partners.
RGA's specialist local health reinsurance teams, supported by global medical doctors, actuaries, underwriters, and claims management professionals, partner with clients to implement and support traditional and cutting edge new health propositions.
- Strong presence and in-depth understanding of local markets and their unique healthcare landscapes.
- Globally spread and multi-disciplinary central Global Health Team.
- More than 100 dedicated health specialists representing key disciplines across traditional and non-traditional markets.
- Expert insights and customized solutions to help insurers assemble sustainable, profitable health portfolios.
- Strong presence and dedicated focus in key health markets, including
the United States, China, Italy,
Middle East, and Southeast Asia
- Consistent, cost-efficient, and effective solutions for multinational clients across multiple markets – all through a single client contact.
Target Markets Overview
In addition to providing a range of group medical and managed care products in the U.S. market, RGA delivers leading reinsurance solutions around the world:
Evolving consumer expectations and government policies continue to encourage growth in private health or “reimbursement” insurance among middle-class and high-net-worth customers. RGA offers a strong background in reimbursement products, proven product development expertise, and local market insight.
Innovation in product development distinguishes RGA in Italy. The only specialized health reinsurer in the market, RGA provides specific health reinsurance covers for both individual and group business.
- Latin America
In a region with a very large healthcare protection gap, RGA’s excess and quota share programs are ideally positioned to serve the needs of the insured and underinsured through innovative products and solutions.
- Middle East
Compulsory health insurance for expatriates continues to drive growth, while demographic factors and expanding healthcare privatization are also increasing demand for individual and group insurance. RGA, through its Dubai office, offers locally compliant medical reinsurance, bespoke product development, and technical solutions for the region.
- Southeast Asia
A rising middle class is fueling demand for private health cover and public-private healthcare partnerships. RGA partners with clients across the value chain to holistically monitor and manage the end-to-end health reimbursement process and experience.