South Africa and Southern Africa
RGA Reinsurance Company of South Africa Limited
RGA is the only dedicated life reinsurer in the South African market and supports all lines of individual and group life reinsurance, as well as a range of financial solutions. RGA entered the South African life reinsurance market in 1999. Today, RGA is a full-services reinsurer that can meet a wide range of life and health needs. More than 100 full-time employees in South Africa provide support across the entire business lifecycle. RGA’s reputation for quality service and client support is reflected in our industry recognition. In 2021, ceding companies ranked RGA #1 on NMG Consulting’s All Respondent Business Capability Index in South Africa for the 12th consecutive year.
Michael PorterManaging Director
RGA South Africa
Cape Town Office
7th Floor, The Terraces
Black River Park
2 Fir Street
Cape Town, South Africa
1st Floor, Sentinel House
Sunnyside Office Park
32 Princess of Wales Terrace
Johannesburg, South Africa
RGA has one of the most experienced underwriting teams of any reinsurer; the company is the worldwide leader in facultative underwriting, receiving more than 8 million cases since 1979. RGA also offers:
- Global Underwriting Manual, a comprehensive and easy to use underwriting resource.
- AURA NEXT, a decision-management platform powered by RGA's underwriting and analytics expertise. Realize the significant benefits of fast, flexible, and reliable automated underwriting.
- Benchmarking studies to enable clients to compare underwriting teams with peers throughout the industry.
At RGA, we believe in the power of shared knowledge.
- We help underwriters and actuaries stay abreast of the latest insights, research and trends through conferences and training opportunities.
- These include RGA’s Learning Gateway framework, as well as newsletters, white papers and articles.
- We have a strong commitment to the growth and success of the South Africa and Southern Africa insurance industry. Our experts represent – and actively participate in
several industry societies and associations.
Visit the Knowledge Center to learn more.