- Net income of $5.02 per diluted share
- Adjusted operating income* of $4.00 per diluted share
- ROE 6.3% and adjusted operating ROE* 5.7% for the trailing twelve months
- Quarterly shareholder dividend raised 4% to $0.73
- Global estimated COVID-19 impacts of approximately $130 million1 for the second quarter
ST. LOUIS, Aug. 3, 2021 - Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life reinsurance, reported second quarter net income of $344 million, or $5.02 per diluted share, compared with $158 million, or $2.48 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Adjusted operating income* totaled $274 million, or $4.00 per diluted share, compared with $87 million, or $1.36 per diluted share, the year before. Net foreign currency fluctuations had a favorable effect of $0.16 per diluted share on net income and $0.12 per diluted share on adjusted operating income as compared with the prior year.