- Net loss of $0.32 per diluted share
- Adjusted operating loss* of $1.11 per diluted share
- Reported premium growth of 9.5%
- Deployed capital of $140 million into transactions; $46 million of share buybacks
- Global estimated COVID-19 impacts1 of approximately $500 million on a pre-tax basis, or $5.59 per diluted share2 for the third quarter
ST. LOUIS, Nov. 4, 2021 - Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life reinsurance, reported a third quarter net loss of $22 million, or $0.32 per diluted share, compared with net income of $213 million, or $3.12 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Adjusted operating loss* totaled $75 million, or $1.11 per diluted share, compared with adjusted operating income of $239 million, or $3.51 per diluted share, the year before. Net foreign currency fluctuations had an adverse effect of $0.06 per diluted share on net loss and $0.08 per diluted share on adjusted operating loss as compared with the prior year.