- Net income available to RGA shareholders of $2.92 per diluted share
- Adjusted operating income* of $5.78 per diluted share
- Premium growth of 4.3% over the prior-year quarter
- ROE 2.5% and adjusted operating ROE* 3.3% for the trailing twelve months
- Deployed capital of $121 million into transactions
- Increased quarterly dividend 9.6% to $0.80 per share
- Global estimated COVID-19 impacts1 of approximately $11 million on a pre-tax basis, or $0.12 per diluted share2
ST. LOUIS, Aug. 4, 2022 - Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life reinsurance, reported second quarter net income available to RGA shareholders of $198 million, or $2.92 per diluted share, compared with net income available to RGA shareholders of $344 million, or $5.02 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Adjusted operating income* totaled $391 million, or $5.78 per diluted share, compared with adjusted operating income of $274 million, or $4.00 per diluted share, the year before. Net foreign currency fluctuations had a favorable effect of $0.08 per diluted share on net income available to RGA and an adverse effect of $0.16 per diluted share on adjusted operating income as compared with the prior year.