- Net income available to RGA shareholders of $4.19 per diluted share
- Adjusted operating income* of $5.20 per diluted share
- Premium growth of 4.9% over the prior-year quarter, 10.1% on a constant currency basis
- ROE 6.4% and adjusted operating ROE* 7.9% for the trailing twelve months
- Deployed capital of $100 million into transactions
- Total shareholder capital returns of $79 million: $25 million of share repurchases and $54 million shareholder dividends
- Global estimated COVID-19 impacts1 of approximately $89 million on a pre-tax basis, or $1.00 per diluted share2
ST. LOUIS, Nov. 3, 2022 - Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global provider of life and health reinsurance, reported third quarter net income available to RGA shareholders of $284 million, or $4.19 per diluted share, compared with net loss available to RGA shareholders of $22 million, or $0.32 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Adjusted operating income* totaled $352 million, or $5.20 per diluted share, compared with adjusted operating loss of $75 million, or $1.11 per diluted share, the year before. Net foreign currency fluctuations had a favorable effect of $0.12 per diluted share on net income available to RGA shareholders and an adverse effect of $0.15 per diluted share on adjusted operating income as compared with the prior year.