RGA Reinsurance Company
RGA began operating in Japan in 1995 through a representative office in Tokyo. The company became the first foreign-based life reinsurance company to be granted a full license to operate in Japan in 2003. Today, RGA Japan is the market-leading life reinsurer, with a team of 100 employees.
Arthur OzekiSenior Vice President
China and Japan Markets
and RGAX Asia Pacific
Miwa OhmoriChief Executive Officer
RGA Reinsurance Company
Midtown Tower 41F
9-7-1 Akasaka Minato-Ku
RGA Japan is the leading facultative underwriting provider in the nation, reviewing more than 67,000 cases in 2020. Globally, RGA has one of the most experienced underwriting teams of any reinsurer; the company is the worldwide leader in facultative underwriting, receiving more than 8 million cases since 1979. RGA offers:
- Innovative e-underwriting solutions that can help your organization underwrite better, faster, and with greater consistency
- AURA NEXT is a decision-management platform powered by RGA's underwriting and analytics expertise. Realize the significant benefits of fast, flexible, and reliable automated underwriting.
- RGA rules, which are built into RGA tools, have been customized for the Japan market by our experienced, Japanese underwriters. Each tool can be tailored for your organization’s use – acknowledging your unique approach, your distribution, your products, and your target market
- Global Underwriting Manual, a comprehensive underwriting resource
- Underwriting criteria development for a new product or distribution
- Underwriting literature reviews
Learn more on our Underwriting page.
RGA is well regarded for product development, with a proven record. We partner with clients and offer state-of-the-art underwriting, rating and pricing expertise. RGA offers global mortality/ morbidity knowledge and expertise and can guide you through virtually every aspect of the product development cycle, from product design to pricing to regulatory filing and distribution. RGA offers expertise in:
At RGA, we believe in the power of shared knowledge. We share the latest underwriting, claims and actuarial insights, research and trends through client seminars and training opportunities.
- RGA Japan holds large-scale industry seminars and actuarial, underwriting and claims sessions that can be customized to meet each client’s needs.
- RGA conducts multiple global industry surveys on pricing, underwriting, product development, bancassurance and other topics.
- RGA offers the Learning Gateway framework, RGA’s proven risk management training initiative. GULF can be tailored to meet your needs.
Visit the Knowledge Center to learn more about RGA’s research and insights.