RGA Reinsurance Company
RGA is a leading reinsurer in the fast-growing markets of Southeast Asia, with business focus in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam. In fact, for the eighth consecutive year, ceding companies ranked RGA #1 on NMG Consulting’s 2020 All Respondent Business Capability Index for the Southeast Asia region in aggregate. The BCI is a composite index that measures satisfaction with reinsurers’ performance across multiple areas.
RGA offers deep knowledge of this rapidly growing region, as well as an aggressive pricing strategy and an emphasis on client satisfaction. The Southeast Asia team works closely with clients, sharing global insight and expertise to help create product and underwriting solutions, and manage risks and capital more efficiently. We understand the insurer’s perspectives deeply and, thus, can provide tailored and effective solutions.
Shih-Nin LowFSA, MAAA
Senior Vice President,
India & Southeast Asia Markets
Soo Meng FooFSA
Head of Business
Southeast Asia Markets
RGA Hong Kong
RGA International Reinsurance Company dac
5 Temasek Boulevard
#05-03/04 Suntec Tower Five
RGA can support your growth objectives on a global scale. We combine professionalism, innovation, expertise and an emphasis on execution to help our clients develop new products and write more new business.
We know insurers face many challenges in growing their business profitably. As the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life- and health-related reinsurance, RGA brings deep expertise and a global perspective to all our strategic product development partnerships.
A partnership with RGA can help you:
- Identify and design innovative product concepts
- Build winning strategies that align product launches with consumer needs and insurer strengths
- Deploy a flexible suite of differentiated capabilities across the value chain to launch products
- Finance and reinsure product launches
Learn more at our Product Development page.
RGA Southeast Asia offers facultative underwriting with sound decisions, quick turnaround times and effective solutions; the company is the worldwide leader in facultative underwriting, receiving more than 8 million cases since 1979.
- Innovative e-underwriting solutions to help your organization underwrite better, faster, and with greater consistency. RGA’s flagship underwriting product, AURA, has strong underwriting rules service, with thousands of underwriting rules covering impairments, medications, sports, prescription drug histories, avocations and treatments.
- RGA offers the Global Underwriting Manual, an Internet-based underwriting manual that is updated regularly based on the latest research.
- Our benchmarking studies to enable clients to compare underwriting teams with peers throughout the industry.
To learn more, meet our team.
A rising middle class is fuelling demand for private health cover and public-private healthcare partnerships in Southeast Asia.
RGA’s dedicated SEA Health team supports our clients across the value chain, solely focused on local challenges and solutions.
They strive to deliver innovative and sustainable products and other health propositions and differentiators and work in partnership with clients to holistically manage and monitor the end-to-end medical reimbursement process and experience.
To learn more, visit Southeast Asia Health.
RGA pioneered the use of reinsurance as a financial management tool. Our broad and deep understanding of clients' specific capital needs, as well as extensive knowledge of local markets and global best practices, uniquely positions RGA to find solutions that improve capital efficiency and promote long-term stability and growth. In Singapore, RGA offers a range of financial solutions, such as capital-motivated and longevity reinsurance, to help manage capital and risk.
Learn more at our Global Financial Solutions page.
Growing awareness, rising Asian wealth, and expanding private bank distribution networks have attracted many companies to develop products targeted to the HNW segment. RGA is considered a leading HNW reinsurer. In addition to providing strong product development support, we offer exceptional underwriting service, including:
- Facultative service
- Case studies, training in product concepts and underwriting knowledge for distribution channels
- Training for underwriters
- Overflow support
- Underwriting guideline development and updates
RGA appreciates the growing importance of Islamic reinsurance or Retakaful. With the guidance of RGA’s Shariah Advisory Council and our experienced local leadership team, RGA plays a key role in helping Takaful operators achieve strategic goals and financial success.
In 2009, RGA received approval to operate a Retakaful Window in Labuan, permitting us to provide Shariah-compliant solutions to takaful operators. RGA is committed to serving the family Takaful market. We adopted the Wakalah-Mudharabah operating model and offer:
• Traditional family retakaful in life and health risk pooling.
• Takaful product development.
• Retakaful-related financial solutions.
• Facultative underwriting, including impaired risk and large cases.