RGA Reinsurance Company
Clients ranked RGA #1 on NMG Consulting's All Respondent Business Capability Index in the 2017 U.S. Individual Mortality Reinsurance Study. What makes us so successful? Exceptional facultative underwriting, strong actuarial expertise, innovative products, and timely service – all backed by a financially secure company.
We operate in the U.S. through RGA Reinsurance Company, offer a comprehensive line of products and services, and count the majority of the 100 largest life insurance companies among our clients.Whether you want to bring a new product to market, improve the performance of an existing product or better manage your risk and capital through financial solutions, RGA is your partner. Meet our team to learn more.
Michael L. EmersonFSA, MAAA, CPA (inactive)
Executive Vice President
Head of U.S. and
Latin American Markets
Examples of key RGA offerings include:
- Life Reinsurance: Facultative and Automatic
- Living Benefits Reinsurance: Health, Critical Illness, Long-Term Care, Disability, Longevity
- Group Reinsurance: Life, Health, Disability, Accident, Specialty
- Global Financial Solutions: Capital-Motivated Reinsurance, Asset-Intensive/Annuity Reinsurance, Longevity Reinsurance (In Force Blocks)
- Underwriting Expertise: Underwriting Criteria, Benchmarking, Experience Analysis
- Product Development
Innovations in underwriting, distribution, data analysis, technology, and structured solutions offer significant growth opportunities for our life and health reinsurance clients.
- RGA offers AURA, an innovative e-underwriting solution with the strongest underwriting rules service on the market.
- RGA partnered with TransUnion, a global risk and information provider, to launch TrueRisk Life (TRL), a model that produces credit-based insurance scores for consumer evaluation and marketing to improve risk segment selection and persistency.
- RGA’s Automatic Selection and Assessment Program (ASAP) provides instant decisions online on impaired risks.
- RGA pioneered the practice of managing risk and capital through reinsurance. Our finance, investment, and risk experts specialize in helping clients structure capital-motivated reinsurance, asset-intensive reinsurance, and longevity reinsurance solutions.
At RGA, we believe in the power of shared knowledge. When you partner with us, we will help your underwriters and actuaries stay abreast of the latest knowledge, research and trends.
- RGA offers conferences and training opportunities, including RGA’s Underwriting University Program.
- RGA shares insight and expertise through RGA Central and webcasts, newsletters, white papers and articles on our Knowledge Center.
- RGA has a strong commitment to advancing the U.S. and Latin American insurance industry. Many of our experts have played key roles in supporting numerous insurance organizations and associations, from the Society of Actuaries to the American Academy of Insurance Medicine, American Academy of Actuaries, Home Office Underwriters Association, Academy of Life Underwriting and the Life Management Institute and the Mexican Actuarial Association.