RGA's Asia Pacific operating segment serves markets throughout Asia, with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Malaysia, China,
Reinsurance products offered by RGA in the Asia Pacific region include individual and group life reinsurance, living benefits (critical illness, disability income, longevity, health and long-term care) reinsurance,
Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters
RGA Reinsurance Company
Hong Kong Branch
4/F. Cambridge House
979 King's Road
T 852 2511 8688
To compete in Asia Pacific’s dynamic insurance environment, innovative product development is crucial. Direct writers must offer protection and savings products with enhanced consumer benefits. RGA Asia Pacific’s underwriting, actuarial, and claims experts partner with insurers to deliver on three levels:
- Locally, we respond to market opportunities and work with clients to create new products and processes.
- Regionally, we leverage knowledge and best practices gained through our deep experience to introduce proven solutions, often improving upon existing models.
- Globally, RGA works with clients to develop new automation technologies, distribution channels, predictive modeling tools, and other solutions.
- Specialized services, including “Underwriting as a Business” initiatives, incorporate RGA underwriting expertise into product development and other insurance solutions.
- The RGA Advantage program (utilizes proprietary AURA e-underwriting technology and RGA’s facultative expertise to help insurers reduce costs and mitigate risk exposure)
- Global Underwriting Manual (GUM)
- Global Underwriting Learning Framework (GULF) Academy
- Annual Underwriting and Claims Seminar, regional training sessions and seminars
- Experience studies, VOC (Voice of the Channel) research and process, and underwriting reviews
In 2017, RGA ranked #1 on NMG Consulting’s All Respondent Business Capability Index in the Asia region for the sixth consecutive year, and in the Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand markets.