RGA International Reinsurance Company
UK Branch Office
RGA UK Services
RGA UK officially opened its doors in 1998 and received a full license to offer reinsurance products in 2000. Less than a decade later, the office was the largest writer of new individual reinsurance business in the United Kingdom. Today, RGA International Reinsurance Company dac is incorporated in Ireland, with a UK Branch Office. We are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, Prudential Regulation Authority, and Financial Conduct Authority.
Peter BanthorpeManaging Director
London, EC2N 4BQ
Six Principles for Happy Hybrid Working
The UK is one of RGA’s largest and most globally focused offices. This means a one-size-fits-all approach to working patterns is not appropriate.
Instead, we combine the best of office-based work and virtual work, enabling employees to find their own WorkWise centered around the following principles:
1. We believe there is long-term collective value in spending time together in the office, which is why we embrace 2@22.
2. We trust each other to decide where tasks should best be performed and to connect in person when it matters.
3. We work flexibly when we can and are open and transparent about our working patterns. Working flexibly does not mean working continuously.
4. We promote and support the physical and mental wellbeing of all staff, providing time and space to invest in ourselves.
5. We use technology, tools and processes that enable us to be efficient, effective and inclusive.
6. We are learning together: sharing experiences and advice on how to make flexibility work for all.
RGA UK is a proud signatory to the Association of British Insurers’ (ABI) Making Flexible Work Charter. Launched in April 2021, the charter aims to increase flexible working opportunities across the insurance and long-term savings industry.
Our goal is to unlock opportunities, and we welcome a discussion of how RGA can help balance what is important to you with business requirements during the recruitment process. Where possible, we will also look to advertise roles with the flexibility of being available part-time, job-share or full-time.
At RGA, we believe in the power of shared knowledge.
- We help underwriters and actuaries stay abreast of the latest insights, research and trends through conferences and training opportunities.
- These include RGA’s Learning Gateway framework, as well as newsletters, white papers and articles.
- We have a strong commitment to the growth and success of the U.K. and Irish insurance industries. Our experts are members of numerous insurance-related organizations and play an active role in the working groups of the ABI, ILAG, the actuarial profession and underwriting and medical organizations.
Visit the Knowledge Center to learn more.